Jason Edmonds is a Founding Partner of Edmonds Duncan Registered Investment Advisors. He is a 3rd generation Lawrence...
Financial PlanningThe majority of our client relationships begin with the creation of a financial plan. Whether saving for a short-term goal or a lifetime of retirement income, it is important to have a plan and to assess your progress on the journey. In addition to establishing and tracking your investment objectives, we have found that the financial planning process is an excellent way to get to know each other as prospective advisor and client.
Retirement Planning & Income Management
Retirement is a major life change, and we have had the honor of working through the process with hundreds of clients over the years. In addition to the many personal changes retirement brings, investment strategy generally moves from the accumulation phase to distribution phase. We will help you design and manage a strategy to maximize your income, minimize taxes and maintain your lifestyle for a long and happy retirement.
We manage more than $350 Million on behalf of our individual and institutional clients. With 50 years of experience, we have seen every imaginable strategy come and go from favor. While we remain diligent in our search for the best investments available, we are continually led back to a core group of principals which seem consistently true. Stay broadly diversified, keep investment costs low, and be patient. As such, we design and manage diversified, low cost portfolios to help our clients achieve their long-term objectives.
The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and the destination.
- John H. Schaar.
- We are optimistic about the future, but believe that careful planning and goal setting are essential to success.
- We believe that no one can accurately predict what the stock, bond, commodity, or real estate markets will do in the short-term.
- We believe there are always risks in life and investments. Our goal is to reduce risk wherever possible, but some degree of risk will always be necessary to achieve your objectives.
- We believe that long-term investment success requires discipline, diversification and patience.
- We believe that the world is constantly changing and that it is our responsibility to stay well informed on behalf of the clients we advise. Markets react daily to a confluence of events, making every situation new and different than the past, but knowledge of historic patterns and behavioral finance are valuable in making sense of current conditions and in making wise decisions for the future.
- We believe in transparency of investments, fees, and services.
While each client brings a unique set of circumstances, our basic process is as follows:
- Establish a complete understanding of your objectives, goals and risk tolerance.
- Develop a financial plan and/or investment policy.
- Identify and select an appropriate investment vehicle or strategy.
- Allocate assets using our industry’s highest quality fundamental and technical research.
- Monitor and report investment performance.
- Adjust investment allocations as market conditions or investment objectives change.
Founding Partner, Portfolio Manager
Founding Partner, Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist
Donald Duncan is a Founding Partner with Edmonds Duncan Registered Investment Advisors.Don is a Certified Financial...
Zak Bolick is a Financial Advisor with Edmonds Duncan Registered Investment Advisors. He is a graduate of the University...
Director of Operations